WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY ACCEPTING PROPOSALS.
But stay tuned, because there will be an open call soon!
Below are the guidelines for submissions:
Please submit all of the following to email@example.com.
Submit the content below in one single document as either .doc, .docx or .pdf. No .rtf files will be accepted. Please put your name, album, and artist in the subject line of the email.
- 2–3 pages that describe the book.
- A concise description of the book (up to 200 words).
- A 5-page sample from anywhere in the book.
- 3 short points that emphasize the unique aspects of your proposed book.
- A 1-page table of contents for the book with chapter titles and light annotation if desired.
- Your professional CV/resume, including full contact details and 200 word bio.
- A 1-page marketing plan (with comparable titles and suggestions for finding an audience).
- The amount of time it will take you to complete your manuscript.
Upon submission you will receive an auto-reply message. Unfortunately we are not able to respond to each submission individually, but we will reach out to you as soon as we can if we would like to move forward with a project.
Just in case you need a refresher, here are the other books in the series and here are the ones you can look forward to reading in the near future.
If you are a member of the press and want to know more about the series or write about it, please visit our contact us page.
Q: Do you have examples of successful pitches to share?
A: Yes, in our textbook How To Write About Music there is a chapter titled “How To Pitch a 33 1/3″ that is worth reading.
Q: I would really like some advice on which album to write on, or constructive criticism on my proposal. Can I write to you about this?
A: Very sorry but we just don’t have the time or resources to do that.
Q: There is already a book in the series by the same artist as the one I’m proposing, will you consider two albums by the same artist?
A: Yes. There are two albums by Radiohead, two by the Beach Boys, and two by The Rolling Stones in the series already.
Q: I submitted a proposal previously that didn’t make it. Can I re-submit?
A: Go ahead! Just make sure the proposal follows the most up-to-date guidelines.
Q: Can I submit multiple proposals?
A: Just one proposal per person per open call, please!