What did you get for the holidays last year? Can’t remember? Me neither…because it was probably stupid. Don’t be a loser present-giver this year! Be an awesome present-giver! And allow the 33 1/3 team to guide you in your awesomeness.
1. For the sentimentalist: A USB drive hidden inside a “retro” mix-tape.
How cute?! Buy here from CB2. Price: $29.95
2. For the gear geek: Harman Kardon NC Headphones (as modeled by 33 1/3 assistant Kaitlin). Kaitlin’s review: Fantastic, full sound; excellent noise cancellation tech; and aesthetically pleasing to look at (even for those with small heads).
Buy here direct for Harman Kardon (currently on sale at 40% off!). Price: $179.00
3. For the collector: Recycled Record Bookends. Display your favorite books sandwiched between two hefty 7-inchers. Buy here from Uncommon Goods. I also love their headphone cufflinks and Christmas gifts here. More gifts for music lovers can be found here. Price: $40.00
4. For the flexi book enthusiast: Live at Death By Audio Flexi Book. Do you like bands like Future Islands, Ty Segall, Thee Oh Sees and A Place To Bury Strangers? This incredible flexi disc book from our friends at Famous Class records features tracks by these artist and many more, all recorded live at Brooklyn’s Death By Audio.
Buy here from Famousclass.com. Price: $32.00
5. For the absent-minded guitarist: DIY Guitar Pic Punch. Never get caught without a pic! This stapler-like contraption will allow you to punch out a credit card, fake ID or other hard plastic object into a ready-to-play pic.
Buy here from Think Geek. Price: $19.99
6. For the ego-maniac or the friend with a cute baby: Personalized postage stamps. Still like sending letters? Holiday cards? Me too. The USPS’s postage stamp offerings are abysmal so spice things up with a personalized stamp featuring your cute baby or perhaps your cat.
Buy here from Zazzle.com. Price: About $20.00
7. For the spirited drummer: Drum Kit Christmas Tree Ornament. Deck the halls with snares and symbols.
Buy here from Groth music. Price: $12.50
8. For the JAMC fan: The Jesus and Mary Chain Vinyl Collection. Want to flesh out your vinyl collection? How about nine 12-inch records from the Reid brothers? Sorry AMERICA, only available in select countries.
Buy here from My Play Direct. Price: About $200.00
9. For anyone really: All Known Metal Bands book. Want a fun gift for someone who you don’t know that well? Who doesn’t want a beautifully printed list of metal band names?
Buy here from McSweeney’s. Price: on sale for $10.00
10. For the deep-pocketed historian: The Rise and Fall of Paramount Records. This book/album set looks incredibly cool. It’s certainly something I’d like to own. Good wedding registry item if you have nice friends.
Buy here from Third Man Records. Price: $400.00