Just a quick post-MLK reminder that Carl Wilson will be talking about his Celine Dion book tonight and tomorrow:
TUESDAY JAN 22ND [TONIGHT!]
At 7.30pm, Carl will be reading at Word – the lovely new bookstore in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. There is, apparently, free beer at this event.
WEDNESDAY JAN 23RD [TOMORROW!]
As part of the acclaimed Happy Ending Music and Reading Series hosted by Amanda Stern, Carl will be appearing alongside Trinie Dalton and Charles Bock. The show starts at 8pm, the doors open at 7pm, and it’s recommended that you get there early. Location: 302 Broome Street, between Forstyh and Eldridge, in Manhattan.
* Both readings are the first item in this week’s Flavorpill bulletin.
* BlackBook Magazine has Five Surprising Facts About Celine Dion up on their website (complete with youtube links to back them up).
* Last week, Toronto’s Eye Weekly took a closer look at the book in conjunction with Celine’s new album.
* Canada’s Globe and Mail reviewed the book over the weekend as well and find it “insightful, engaging and unexpectedly moving.”
* Northern California’s weekly Bohemian also reviewed the book.
* And finally, Carl has created a blog with tons of links to print reviews, radio interviews, online miscellany and the rest of it. And he unwittingly stole my Raymond Carver pun that I’d been saving for a blog headline: What We Talk About…
And of course you can also head over to Zoilus to read about how Barack Obama may have read his book on the campaign bus.
One Thought to “Carl Wilson reads in NYC this week!”
I, Ashek E. Alahi, age 45; am a service holder of a private organization is suffering for a Testicle Tumor for a long time. A Tumor developed in my Testicle. Now it is increasing and present weight almost 400 grams and size like a Tennis Ball and I feel difficult in my regular work moreover it may develop Cancer. Doctor advises me to operation the Tumor immediately otherwise Tumor will turn to Cancer.http://ashekhw.zoomshare.com/http://ashekhw.blogspot.com/